Wednesday, February 22, 2017

I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual by Luvvie Ajayi

Synopsis
Title: I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual
Author: Luvvie Ajayi
Genre: Adult/Feminism/Nonfiction/Petty
My Rating: 1/5



With over 500,000 readers a month at her enormously popular blog, AwesomelyLuvvie.com, Luvvie Ajayi has become a go-to source for smart takes on pop culture. I'm Judging You is her debut book of humorous essays that dissects our cultural obsessions and calls out bad behavior in our increasingly digital, connected lives—from the cultural importance of the newest Shonda Rhimes television drama to serious discussions of race and media representation to what to do about your fool cousin sharing casket pictures from Grandma's wake on Facebook. With a lighthearted, rapier wit and a unique perspective, I'm Judging You is the handbook the world needs, doling out the hard truths and a road map for bringing some "act right" into our lives, social media, and popular culture.



My Thoughts
★ Kill it with fire Stars

I admit, I was curious about this book so all I did was read the sample .... 
Good Lord.... I regret it.


Right from the kicker, we learn if you're not Nigerian you pretty much don't know crap. Cue up the My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding show because that is exactly who she is reminding me of.

And my good gah. If you happen to eat ANY DIFFERENT than her *loud horrified gasp* you are a Scrooge! How DARE you be different?!
She goes on and on about how horrible these people are then straight up says that she oftentimes leaves midmeal (making her "Scrooge 3") then says Scrooge 3 tends to not even pay their part of the bill. THEN says "Okay, it's possible for this to happen once because we're all entitled to occasional absent-mindedness." buuuuut you just said oftentimes. Hmmm. Okay.
Wow,  you must be real fun. NOT!

I wish they would just be open and honest and let us know if they're going through a down time or a broke period.

Really? Because judging from your previous statements, I wouldn't want to tell you diddly squat. Especially if you nitpick and act like you are so much better than others.

Let's be honest, toddlers are the worst. Those tiny humans are needy and they want your constant attention and then they need your help doing everything. They are so lazy. Then they have the nerve to cry and throw tantrums and be ungrateful. And you just want to ask them, 'What have you done for me lately?'"

Are you a freaking idiot? They are BABIES! What the hell do you expect them to do?! "What have you done for me lately?" wow. I feel horrible or anyone and everyone who knows you because you sound like a total asshole. Not to mention you were PROUD that you just scared your niece because she was doing what all babies do. That kid is gonna grow up with serious mental problems if she is around you very long. #sorrynotsorry

I could go on and on about the complete and total bull crap I read, but for the sake of my sanity, I won't. It's appalling. I really can't believe this was published in all honesty. This is beyond petty and pathetic. Only place this "book" belongs is on a burn pile. Haha

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top