Thursday, May 4, 2017

April Book Wind-Up

Hey everyone, sorry I am getting this up so late! I have just had a lot going on and this month is a really tough month for me. Especially with my mom's passing date coming up. I tell ya, 2 years and it still feels like yesterday. I miss her so much. Sorry, I know you didn't come here for this. Sometimes I can't help it. It just comes out. Anyway, On with the show. Here are the books I read during April. Got a pretty good bunch this month.




Title: Path to the Key
Series: Destruction of Magic
Author: April Canavan
Genre: Mature/Adult/Erotica/Supernatural
My Rating: 4/5
Add To: Goodreads
Full Review: Click Here


I got to read the baby before my Kindle decided to full crap out on me. Let me just say, I am glad I got to read this book before it did. I actually reall enjoyed this book. It was so addicting, I didn't want to put it down. Sure there were some things that had issues, but in the end. It was still a good book.


Title: Red Queen
Series: Red Queen
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Genre: Young Adult/Dystopia/Supernatural
My Rating: 5/5
Add To: Goodreads
Full Review:


This is the best book I have read this year. I can also throw in, it is in my favorite top 5. Red Queen... oh my gosh. It's going to stick with me until I die! that is how awesome this book was. If you haven't read it, I don't know what the heck you are waiting for because it is one you don't want to miss.

Title: The Burning
Series: The Haunting of Grey Hills
Author: Jennifer Skogen
Genre: Mature Young Adult/Young Adult/Paranormal/Horror
My Rating: 3/5
Add To: Goodreads
Full Review: Click Here


It is hard to do a round up this book now because I love the series so much. Lol It really makes me want to go through and change all my ratings to 4 stars. But I don't think that would be right. Who knows, for all I know, by the end of the series, they all might end up 5 stars because I've gotten use to the cussing.

Okay, sorry I got kinda off topic. I wouldn't call this series a YA. unless you wanted to go with Mature Young Adult. There is just so much cussing and I have no idea why, in all honesty. The book story line is AMAZING. There is no need for all the cussing. Take the cussing out and you have a shining 5 star book, hands down.

Title: Forests of the Night
Series: The Haunting of Grey Hills #2
Author: Jennifer Skogen
Genre: Mature Young Adult/Young Adult/Paranormal/Horror
My Rating: 3/5
Add To: Goodreads
Full Review: Click Here

I devoured this book. As soon as I put book down, I picked this one up. There was no way I could wait to know what happened. The ending of this one left me in a ball crying though.

Title: What Dread Hand
Series: The Haunting of Grey Hills #3
Author: Jennifer Skogen
Genre: Mature Young Adult/Young Adult/Paranormal/Horror
My Rating: 4/5
Add To: Goodreads
Full Review: Click Here



I didn't really enjoy this book as much as the rest. Don't get me wrong, I still loved it. Especially with the cussing cut waaaaaaayyyyyyyy down. and it was awesome to go back in time and see how this started. It just seemed to lack that *something*.


Title: Me & Earl & the Dying Girl
Author: Jesse Andrews
Genre: Mature Young Adult/New Adult/Fiction
My Rating: 1/5
Add To: Goodreads
Full Review: Click Here


The worst book I have read this year. Possibly ever. I fail to see how this is a best seller and I do NOT understand how it is Young Adult. I would never want my child reading this disgusting crap.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top