Tuesday, May 23, 2017

No Safety in Numbers (No Safety in Numbers #1) by Dayna Lorentz

Synopsis


Title: No Safety in Numbers
Series: No Safety in Numbers #1
Author: Dayna Lorentz
Genre: Young Adult/Science Fiction/Dystopia
My Rating: 1/5
Add To: Goodreads

When a strange device is discovered in the air ducts of a busy suburban mall, the entire complex is suddenly locked down. No one can leave. No one knows what is going on.
At first, there's the novelty of being stuck in a mega mall with free food and a gift certificate. But with each passing day, it becomes harder to ignore the dwindling supplies, inadequate information, and mounting panic.

Then people start getting sick.
Told from the point of view of two guys and two girls, this is a harrowing look at what can happen under the most desperate of circumstances, when regular people are faced with impossible choices. Some rise to the occasion. Some don't.
And for some - it's too late.


My Thoughts
★ Star

***DNF at 62%***

I can't. I literally can not force myself to finish this book. 171/263 pages in and nothing. Nothing at all happens. No action. No.. anything. Want to know what this book is about? A bunch of people locked in a mall. That is it. You can skip 30 pages at a time and not miss a single thing. 


This whole story was just monotone. It literally put me to sleep. I have never in my life had a book that as soon as I start reading, would knock me right out.

There are a few things that really bugged me about this book, (other than it being boring)

1) The overuse of the term "space suits". This isn't the 60's. Everyone knows a hazmat suit when they see one. 

2) The fact there was a "bomb" and they didn't evacuate the mall. Yeah no. Nowhere would they keep civilians in the store while they mess with a possible bomb. 

3) The fact that the grandmother got sick and was taken back to be "treated" the granddaughter then sneaks in and takes her out to lay in a bed in a home store. No one even looks for granny. Yet anytime someone coughs, they are being swept away to be "treated" yeah, just doesn't make any sense. I would think they would be looking for her.

4) Going off of 3, staying with the Granny topic, after she gets to the store, she's pretty much just left there. Granddaughter is busy hanging out with "friends" so we don't hear about granny after she gets to bed. Again, makes to sense. Especially since her granddaughter was soooooo "worried" about her. You'd think she wouldn't leave her side then. 
Kinda reminds me of Dawn of the Dead, actually. 


Sorry, I would not recommend this book. At all.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top