Thursday, May 4, 2017

Sinews of Thy Heart (The Haunting of Grey Hills #4) by Jennifer Skogen

Synopsis

Title: Sinews of Thy Heart
Series: The Haunting of Grey Hills #4
Author: Jennifer Skogen
Genre: Mature Young Adult/Young Adult/Paranormal/Horror
My Rating: 4/5
Add To: Goodreads


After an unthinkable tragedy on Halloween, Jackson must decide if he should stay in Grey Hills, or pack up everything and leave with Sam and the others. A new start is appealing, but Dominick has made it clear that Jackson is not welcome. When Jackson starts sleepwalking and hearing voices, he isn't sure if he is going crazy, or if he has inherited an unspeakable power. Meanwhile, Claire is determined to find out exactly what happened on Halloween, which brings Jackson into her line of fire.




My Thoughts
★★★★ Stars

There are screams too, and weeping. And laughter. The kind of laughs that you only hear in a madhouse. It is the laughter that keeps me awake at night. Children's laughs, Women.

Books that leave you breathless are truly the BEST kind. There are so many things that happened in the book that made me feel like my heart was going to explode! It continues where book three left off, which is what I love about this series. No guessing where you are. Lol) 

There was the cussing thing again though.
Fuck: 95
Shit: 20
Ass: 5
Bitch: 5
Damn: 4
Pissed: 2
Bastard: 1
Whore: 1

I still stand by saying it is a great story line. The cussing is just overkill and unnecessary. 

In this book, I seriously thought a certain *someone* would make a reappearance... Sadly they did not. BUT someone else does. Actually... I want to say 2 come back even though one was already here, just not a very active ... and it is safe to say, I really can NOT stand this character. She should have been the one to "go missing" lol. I suppose that makes me a horrible person, but oh well. Hahaha for real though. I would like to throw in, I think Jackson is growing on me. Which I kinda hate because of what happened in the earlier books.  Ugh I really am a horrible person. 
Anywho...

It is actually harder to review this book because so much happened in this book that it's hard to say anything without giving a lot away, so this review isn't very long, I apologize. 

That freaking ending! Are you kidding me! How can you end it like that? *spaz* I gotta find out what happens next. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top