Saturday, September 9, 2017

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas

Synopsis

Title: Top Ten Clues You're Clueless
Author: Liz Czukas
Pages: 304
Published: December 9th 2014
Publisher: Harper Teen
Genre: Young Adult/Contemporary
My Rating: 4/5
Add To: Goodreads

Top Five Things That Are Ruining Chloe’s Day
5) Working the 6:30 a.m. shift at GoodFoods Market
4) Crashing a cart into a customer’s car right in front of her snarky coworker Sammi
3) Trying to rock the “drowned rat” look after being caught in a snowstorm
2) Making zero progress with her crush, Tyson (see #3)
1) Being accused—along with her fellow teenage employees—of stealing upwards of $10,000
Chloe would rather be anywhere than locked in work jail (aka the break room) with five of her coworkers . . . even if one of them is Tyson. But if they can band together to clear their names, what looks like a total disaster might just make Chloe’s list of Top Ten Best Moments.

My Thoughts
★★★★ Stars

Before I can think any more about it, I lean into him and press my lips to his. I kiss him like I actually know what I'm doing. Like I've thrown myself at dozens off guys before - or, better yet, like dozens of them have thrown themselves at me[...]

I found this book at the library and thought "eh why not" - not like I would be FORCED to keep reading if I didn't like it. I really didn't think I would. But surprisingly, I really really liked it. 

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless was a cute and quick read. Though don't get me wrong, it had a few issues. Though I think they are more personal reasons than not. Because I'm sure others could read the same thing and it not bother them at all.

I didn't get the name of the book. It really doesn't seem to fit. But whatever. I mean Green Day had a CD called Dookie. So I guess it's whatever you feel that day, huh? Hahha! Anyway. 

I liked the characters. When it first started, I wasn't so sure about Chloe. But the more I read, the more I really did see her as the typical teenager. She ended up being a really good hearted (is that even a word? If not, sorry.)  person. 

As we read, we find out that Chloe is a diabetic and I was actually getting kinda mad because she always seemed to just brush it off like it was nothing. So at the end when it showed how dangerous it can be I was really happy about that. Not happy it happened but happy it showed that is can be dangerous and you should take good care of yourself. No matter what anyone else may or may not think. 

Another issue I had was around page 95 when she was talking about customers. While it talks about men and woman, when it gets to the mom, it points out that she was white. And I don't understand why. As if any other race would have done anything different. I don't understand why it was important for just her race to be pointed out and everyone else be plain "men" and "women" . She couldn't be just a "mom" she had to be a *white/black/brown/purple/blue/some unimportant detail* mom. 

Other than that, I really did like this book. I loved the divers characters and I love the bond and trials that grew between them. At the end, I really loved how something so bad can cause such a strong friendship bond. It's amazing how you can be around some people -whether it's working or at school and you never really talk to each other or you even have but don't like each other and something happens that draws you together. It's something you can't help but to love. Lol

As for who did it... I didn't see that coming. I thought from the second it happened I knew who did it and my thought NEVER changed till the second that all found out. That was mind blowing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top