Tuesday, January 30, 2018

{Review} Kingdom of Darkness by Tricia Copeland

Synopsis

Title: Kingdom of Darkness
Series: Kingdom Journals #2
Author: Tricia Copeland
Pages: 322
Published: June 21st 2017
Publisher: True Bird Publishing LLC
Genre: Young Adult/Paranormal/Fantasy
My Rating: 4/5
Add To: Goodreads

Award Finalist for Fantasy Fiction genre in the 2017 Best Book Awards, Kingdom of Darkness follows a trinity of witches as they race to break an age old curse before it is too late. Read Camille's journey in Kingdom of Darkness.
From the back cover:
"… the previous night’s vision, or whatever it was, ended with a name I heard clear as day, as if the people were in my room. Ivy, the girl and boy recited together.” – Camille
Could her dreams be real? Is she the key to freeing witches from their curse? Of course not, right? Thinking that her only chance at a normal life lay in a new treatment, Camille joins Dr. Antos and a group of teens for a month long camping trip in Iceland. There she meets Jude, a fellow schizophrenic. Dr. Antos invites Camille and Jude to extend their work with him on the island of Sardinia. Camille is suspicious of Dr. Antos’s intentions but her dad goes missing, leaving her no choice but to travel to Italy. Is she walking into a lion’s den or has her illness invaded her reality?
My Thoughts
★★★★ Stars

I know I went MIA from reading this book but I had to take a break from reading due to.....things. 
It took me a while to work my way up to finishing this book and I apologize for that.

I've missed these characters!! I've missed their world and their dedication!! But I still don't feel as connected to them as I do Alena and Hunter. I have no idea why and it kills me!

As weird as it sounds, I feel like Camille is a weak character. Like she's the little sister the group is gonna have to protect. And I know in shouldn't think that because I feel like book 3 is gonna make me regret it. Lol like she's gonna end up being the baddest b*tch in the series.
Who knows. I could be wrong. Lol

I loved this book almost as much as book one......almost.
My only problem honestly is the whole "descended from angels" bit. When religion ends up involved in a story, its off putting. (That's just me though. Others may love this idea. Its just to me, it always starts arguments and we have enough of that in the real world. Lol)

Anyway. Back to the story,
I knew that ending was coming!!! 
Yet I was not prepared for it. It still took my breath and made me see stars lol.

Can't wait to read book 3 and see how it turns out!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top