Monday, February 19, 2018

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

Synopsis
Title: A Court of Wings and Ruin
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #3
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 699
Published: May 2nd 2017
Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens Books
Genre: New Adult/Romance/Fantasy
My Rating: 5/5
Add To: Goodreads

Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.
Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's manoeuvrings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit – and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.
As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords – and hunt for allies in unexpected places.
In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.


My Thoughts
★★★★★ Stars
I finished this book the other day and am honestly still at a lack of words! 
This book ate my soul and stole my will to live! 


Really all I want to do is post endless gifs because I feel like they would do better than me TRYING to put my feelings into words. Lol But alas, I can't do that. 

ACOMAF will always be my favorite but this one is dang near wanting to tie with it. I gotta admit the 700 pages was a bit intimidating but I drove right in. Once I got started I couldn't and wouldn't stop! 
ACOWAR seriously screwed with my mind. It pulled the ultimate mind-f*ck. 


Can I just talk about how wonderfully this book was written? How the hell can you have so much going on and keep a reader so dang hooked without dropping them once?
I only had a few "ehhhh" moments with this book. I say ehhh because they aren't really "problems" but kinda "I wish this/this/this happened instead of this/this/this." example, ELAIN!!! I know she is the most sweetest character ever written in the face of the book world. But I really expected her to break out of that and become this ultimate bad ass character that would would shock the hell out of the readers but sadly she stayed this meek character that was coddled. Even in the mix of war, she made one move. That is it. I get that move was life and death but it was so small that I just wanted to cry. Lol. I just really wanted to see her blossom. 

And can we talk about Tam the tool for a second here.. mainly:


I HATED HIS GUTS SO FREAKING MUCH!!!!
Until the end of this book. While I can say, yes, he is still a complete tool... I don't hate him as much as I did. 


This book will seriously mess with your mind though. People you thought you could trust are no longer trustworthy. People you hate and wouldn't spit on if they were on fire are suddenly people you want to rely on. 

that ending made me cry so hard. I'm talkin' face purple, waking the house, sobbing my head off sad. Those deaths should not have happened! YOU KILLED SOME OF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS!!!! HOW DARE YOU!?!?!?! 

BRING THEM BACK!

I'M SORRY I'M SCREAMING BUT I CAN'T HELP IT!! 


I loved this series so much. I can't wait for the newest book. I don't think I will be able to read anything else for a bit because I am still stuck in these books. Lol 

3 comments :

  1. I was destroyed after this... I had SUCH a book hangover.
    I've cried so hard.

    I still like the second book the best though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm torn between book 2 and 3. Lol book 2 had all the feels and book 3 just ripped my heart out and left me a crying mess on the floor! Hahah
      I want to read her Throne of Glass series so bad now. I actually miss her writing! IT HURTS!!!

      Delete
    2. I read Assassins Blade a month ago and I was SOLD. I can't wait to read the first book.

      Delete

Back to Top